Pazham Pori (Banana Fritters) is one of my favorite tea time snack. All my friends used to make me help them by promising to get me Pazham Pori as treat! Ha, Edwin Antony/Sabeer Anchemparuthy, you guys owe me a lot of Pazham Pori’s !!!! Also I have this sweet little Princess Anya (one of my best friend and roommate Suganya) who loves to have banana fritters (But I never got a chance to make it for her 😦 . Sorry Sugi, next time I am going to make this for you….I promise!)
1. Banana – 2 or 3 (Medium ripe ones)
2. All Purpose Flour – 1 cup
3. Rice Flour – 3 tbs
4. Turmeric powder – 1 pinch
5. Salt – 1 pinch
6. Sugar – 2 tsp (depends on if the banana is ripe or not)
7. Water – 1 small cup
7. Oil – 1 cup (I used vegetable oil)
1. Peel the skin of the banana and slice it.
2. In a mixing bowl, add ingredients 2 through 6 and mix it with water and make a thick paste ( of the consistency of dosa batter)
3. Heat oil in a kadai. (Put a little bit of paste to the oil to check if it is puffing)
4. Take the sliced banana one by one, dip it in the paste and place it carefully to the hot oil.
5. Fry the banana.
6. Enjoy the hot banana fritters with a hot beverage.