This is one of the quick non-veg recipe my mom used to make. There would be days when she doesn’t get fresh fish or she has to make a Jugaad (innovative fix or simple solution) meal, she chooses to make dried prawns fry.(I know the smell of this is not so pleasing for everyone, so please switch on your exhaust on high if you are planning to make this 🙂
- Dried Prawns – ½ lb
- Oil – 4 tsp (I use olive oil)
- Lemon juice – 1tsp
- Curry Leaves – 8
- Cilantro – to garnish
1.Chilly powder – 2 tsp
2.Pepper powder – 1 tsp
3.Garam masala – ½ tsp
4. Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Clean the prawns (I remove the head and tail of the dried prawns and just use the middle portion for this dish).
- Soak the dried prawns in water for 10 mts.
- Remove the dried prawns from water and use a dry napkin to remove all water.
- Mix all the masala powders together and make it into a paste by adding the lemon juice and little water.
- Marinate the prawns from step 3 in the mixture from Step 4.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan. Add few curry leaves to the oil.
- Fry the prawns in this oil until it turns to orange-brown (it would turn crispy).
- Garnish the fried dry prawns with curry leaves or cilantro.