There would be days when you really don’t want to be in kitchen for a long time but would want have something homemade. That is when I use this recipe. I call this as Desi Jugaad Chicken. This recipe of mine is very easy to follow and in less than 30 minutes you have the chicken dish ready. Just to note that there is no red chilli powder added to this and the spice level is adjusted with the green chilllies.
- Chicken – 1 kg (I used breast pieces)
- Onions – 1 medium
- Green chillies – 5 (Cut into medium pieces – please adjust to your spice level)
- Garam Masala – 2 tsp (I usually use the garam masala my Mother in law prepares – she uses Cloves, Cardamom, Star ainse, Cinnamon to make the masala)
- Pepper – 1 tsp (crushed and grinded, thanks to my Mother in law for this as well)
- Coriander Powder – 2 tsp
- Garlic – 3 tsp (Crushing garlic/ginger gives more taste than slicing it)
- Ginger – 3 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1 1/2 tsp
- Salt – as required
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Curry Leaves/cilantro
- Bell Pepper (capsicum) – ½ piece(this is an optional choice, I had this in my pantry, so used)
- Heat oil in the cooker which would be used to cook this. Add curry leaves and then chicken to this.
- Add onions, salt and pepper. Saute for a minute.
- Add turmeric powder, ginger and garlic, mix it well.
- Add green chillies, coriander powder, garam masala and bell pepper. Saute for a minute.
- To this add the cilantro leaves (cut into small pieces).
- Adjust salt and add very little water (already the chicken pieces would ooze out water, so make sure not to add more water.
- Close the pressure cooker and let it cook (It took 4 whistles for my cooker to give the tender, but still shape intact…melt in the mouth consistency).
- Use a kadai and transfer the chicken from the pressure cooker (I didnt transfer all the broth).
- Cook it for few minutes to remove any unwanted broth (Adjust salt and spice if required). This is a dry chicken dish.
- Once it attains the texture shown in the picture, transfer to the serving bowl.