Scallops are the life savers when there is not enough time to cook something special for the unannounced guests or may be to treat yourself in the restaurant style (for sure it would look like that at least) platter. This is an easy recipe that can be done and served in 15 mts. I have made it in the spicy style, but can be made with just salt and pepper as well. I would be posting that recipe soon.
- Scallops – 10 (If large scallops are available then I use 4 of them)
- Oil – 2 tsp (I used olive oil)
- Lemon Juice – 2 tsp (Freshly squeezed)
- Salt – as required
- Red Chilly powder – ½ tsp
- Pepper powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Garam Masala (optional) – 1 pinch
1.Mix ingredients 1 through 5 in a plate.
2. Add salt as required.
3. Using some paper towels, pat the scallops dry.
4. Make a marinade of this with little water and lemon juice.
5. Gently apply the marinade on the scallops. (Scallops tend to be mushy and break into smaller bit on application of more touch)
6. Keep this in room temperature for 10 mts.
- Heat 1 tsp oil on a non stick skillet over medium high heat.
- Once the oil is hot, keep the scallops on the skillet. Reduce the flame to medium.
- Cook until the color turns to medium golden color. (2 minutes max as I have used small scallops).
- Turn scallops and then add 1 tsp oil on top and keep tilting until the color turns to medium golden. (You can use butter instead of oil for more taste).
- Remove the scallop from the skillet and place it on a napkin to absorb the extra oil.
- Garnish it with celery/green stalk of scallion.
- If you try to lift the scallop and it is sticking to the skillet, then it means its not yet cooked. If it is cooked right it comes out easily while lifting.
- Scallops gets cooked super fast, so make sure it is not over cooked (else it would be tough or rubbery).