For me, an easy recipe is something I can cook as well as serve in 15-20 mts. So if you are looking for an easy recipe, I would suggest my quick fix prawns fry recipe which is rich in color, taste and the restaurant type food. You can also roast the prawns instead of frying (just be sure not to roast it for more time, else it would be very rubbery).
For my non-spice lover friends who doesn’t have the Indian masala’s in stock (Cory, yes that was specifically meant for you :)), please use Paprika instead of Chilli powder and you can skip the Garam masala and turmeric powder).
- Prawns – 6 pieces
- Oil – 1 tsp (I use olive oil)
- Lemon juice – 1tsp
- Bell pepper (Capsicum – Red/Green) – to garnish
- Cilantro – to garnish
1.Chilly powder – 2 tsp
2.Pepper powder – 1 tsp
3.Garam masala – ½ tsp
4.Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Clean the prawns (Make sure to devein the prawns from both sides while using bigger prawns – the veins tend to be more visually prominent and may also contain bits of sand or other dirt.).
- Mix all the masala powders together and make it into a paste by adding the lemon juice and little water.
- Marinate the prawns in this mixture and allows it to be in room temperature for 10 mts.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan. (Optional – Add few curry leaves to the oil)
(You can use skewers to keep the prawns straight)
- Fry the prawns in this oil until it turns to orange-brown.
- Saute the Bell peppers in the oil with little salt and garam masala.
- Garnish the prawns with curry leaves/ cilantro and bell peppers.