I am still to meet a person who doesn’t like ice-cream in my friend’s circle. We had a get together at home last September. Day before the get together I had to come up with a full vegan (no egg) dessert as few of our friends joining were fully vegan on that particular day. I had never tried making any ice creams before and as I had plenty sweet strawberries at home I thought why not I try this. Thanks to my dearest friends Diana and Nitha who always support all my ideas, I decided to try that. My mom was with me here in states and she is my biggest motivator. No matter what terrible result I do she always finds something positive even in that. But this time lady luck (my mom with her milk powder idea) helped me create this wonderful recipe. I would say this is a very easy recipe and I have tried it few times after the first time and I have always got consistent result. So here you go…the eggless easy strawberry ice cream (my munchkin’s fav).
- Fresh Strawberry – 15nos (Choose juicy and sweet ones)
- Powdered Sugar – 2 tsp (Depending on the sweetness of strawberries)
- Heavy Whipped Cream – 16 oz (473 ml)
- Sweet condensed milk – 13 oz (375g)
- Milk Powder – ¼ cup
- Pink Color (Optional) – Strawberry pulp would give the color, so I haven’t used it.
- Wash, clean the strawberries.
- Chop them into small pieces.
- Grind them in the blender. Keep the pulp aside.
- Add heavy whipped cream in a mixing bowl (refrigerate at least for an hour before use) and whisk it for 3 minutes (If in a standing mixer or if whisking by hand for about 5 minutes). End result should be the soft and fluffy look.
- Add milk powder to this. Slightly stir.
- Add the sweet condensed milk and the strawberry pulp.
- Mix it all together and add the sugar as needed.
- Use parchment paper and transfer the content in an air tight container.
- Keeping it for at least 6 hours.