- Chicken Broth – 4 cups (I use homemade broth, but can use the store bought low sodium one)
- Ground ginger – ⅛ tsp
- Ground white pepper – to taste
- Chopped Fresh green chives – 1 tbsp
- Cooked Carrots – 1 cup
- Cooked Green peas – 1 cup
- Cornstarch – 2 tbsp
- Eggs – 2
- Egg yolk – 1
- Egg white – 1
- Salt – as required
- Green onions (Scallions) – to garnish
- Take 3 cups of Chicken broth in a large saucepan.
- Add ingredients 2 through 6 and bring to boil.
- Make a mixture with cornstarch and 1 cup of chicken broth and set it aside.
- Take the eggs and egg yolk & whisk it well.
- To the boiling broth gently add the whisked eggs and yolk (on to the fork to give the restaurant style texture).
- Once the eggs are dropped, add the egg white (still use the fork to get the ribbon format).
- Add the cornstarch and broth mixture to this. Stir is lazily.
- Boil it for 1-2 minutes.
- Garnish with scallions
- In order to get the yellow color for the soup, while making the chicken broth I had added some turmeric.
- Use the fork as a medium to create the ribbon format for the egg.
- Soy sauce can be used for taste.
- As I make this soup for my 3 year old, I add the carrots in different shapes (star, mickey, heart) which she enjoys.