As I have already told in my old posts that I was born and brought up in Kochi (south India near to Arabian Sea) where there was no scarcity of fish or fish related dishes in our family menu. My mom is really an expert in cutting the fish in no time and making fish fry with the homemade masala’s. I have learnt most of the tips and technique’s of cooking from her. Thanks to her for any interest I got in cooking. This is an easy recipe and can be made in 15 mts.
- White Pomfret – 1 medium or 2 small ones
- Oil – 2 tsp (I use olive oil)
- Lemon juice – 1tsp
- Red Onion – to garnish
- Curry leaves – to garnish
- Lemon – to garnish
- Salt – to taste
- Ginger – 1 small piece (very finely crushed)
- Garlic – 2 small pods (very finely crushed)
1.Chilly powder – 2 tsp
2.Pepper powder – 1 tsp
3.Garam masala – ½ tsp
4.Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Clean the fish.
- Mix all the masala powders together and make it into a paste by adding the lemon juice and little water. Add ginger and garlic to this and mix well.
- Marinate the fish in this mixture and allows it to be in room temperature for 15 mts.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan. (Optional – Add few curry leaves to the oil)
- Fry the fish in this oil until it turns to orange-brown.
- Garnish the fried fish with curry leaves/ cilantro , lemon and red onions.